Thursday, July 16, 2009

Day 67: P90X Yoga X





Day 67. P90X Yoga X. It really is amazing how different yoga x is now then it was the first time I did it. For me I have noticed some great changes and it is helping me isolate some of the muscles in my right leg that have been lacking for awhile. I had back surgery about 6 years ago to remove a piece of disk that had broken off and was blocking my nerve. Talk about pain. Not the surgery but the pain from the disk blocking my nerve. I could barely get around and when I did I was usually limping. The muscle mass in my right leg was definitely different. It still is not 100% to this day and Yoga X is really helping with that. You are probably thinking, Wow, back surgery and you are doing P90X. For me P90X is helping strengthen my ab muscles as well as my back muscles. If you have back problems I would say everyone is different and there might be some moves throughout the course of P90X that you might not be comfortable with. Plough and shoulder stand in Yoga X are 2 moves you might want to go in carefully. Also the "Dreya roll" in P90X Core Synergistics is another one that might feel weird. If you have back problems I would say check with your doctor and they take extra caution with every move to see how it will affect you. I do everything with the highest intensity and feel there would have been more lost if I didn't do P90X. This has been the best work out I have ever done. You can start slow and work your way up. P90X works so many muscles so your over all fitness is going to be much better. Actually I think P90X works every muscle at one time or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment