Monday, July 27, 2009

Day 78: P90X Chest, Shoulders and Triceps/Ab Ripper






Day 78. P90X Chest, Shoulders and Triceps/Ab Ripper. It's been awhile since I did my P90X work out after 5pm. We just got back from Biloxi and I wasn't sure I was going to have the energy to get through these work outs today. Well, I surprised myself. I got through them just fine. I know my calories have been a little off for the past 3 days but I will get back on track tomorrow. My arms feel tight. My chest feels tight. We even ran while in Biloxi. Things are going good. We probably did cheat a little with some beers, pizza, Arby's, lobster tail with melted butter etc but I'm ok with that. 90% of the time we eat clean. A lot of people ask "Is there a cheat day during P90X?" I want to say no. The only person you are cheating is yourself. P90X is not just a 90 day work out but hopefully the start of a life long wellness change for yourself. P90X is just the tool to get you started. Do we cheat? Well, I guess you could say YES but it's more like we know we eat good most of the time so if we want a little something not on the nutrition plan then we go for it. For the most part though we follow it and do not feel deprived at all. You want 6 pack abs? Up your intensity and follow the nutrition plan exactly. If you cheat a little bit your results will suffer but if you are ok with it then splurge a little. Now I'm not saying go out and eat a dozen donuts but if you are craving a blizzard from DQ then go ahead and get yourself a small. It's not going to kill you but don't make a habit of it. Actually when I have a sweet tooth I have a protein shake with organic peanut butter and rice milk. Tastes like dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment