Sunday, October 18, 2009

P90X and building more strength.

I have been using P90X with with my own weight lifting for the past month now and I am seeing some nice strength gains. I am doing the things with heavier weight that P90X does not do such as bench pressing with heavier weight and lower reps or squats the same way. I have been mixing in yoga x, core synergistics, legs and back and I also have some one on one with Tony Horton dvd's that I have been mixing in as well. It's fun to mix it up. We have been tossing around the idea of doing Insanity with Shaun T or Rev Abs with Brett Hoebel but were still on the fence with which one to tackle next. The main thing is that P90X put us on a schedule. We probably still work out 5-6 times a week with a rest on Sunday which is pretty much what we did during our initial 90 days with P90X.

Keep pushing play and keep "Bringing It"

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Irene. Use it or lose it so I choose to use it. They say exercise is the fountain of youth. I believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about trying PX90 but since I'm in the gym 5-6 days per week that would be a bit much. My friend's are currently going PX90, they aren't following the diet though.
    Thanks for the info on Amazing's affiliate program, I'm going to look into that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Irene, might be a little difficult to hit the gym and do P90X. Before P90X I lifted and ran 2-3 time a week and I still feel P90X was the better overall workout. Give it a try, I bet you'll love it. Also, tell your friends they have to try and stick to the nutrition plan it is very important. I follow it about 90% and I have seen good results. My crutch is I enjoy a margarita and a cold beer now and again so thats why I say I followed it 90%. One more thing, if you didn't know you can also make a commission on P90X and all of the Beachbody products while sharing fitness with others. Great opportunity to turn your fitness into a business and it's a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I'm really tempted to try it since I have a big house now and plenty of room to workout. I will let my friend's know too, thanks for your help.
    PS. Margaritas are my weakness. Sometimes I buy really good tequila (clear stuff), add fresh lime/lemon, a little triple sec and some reduced sugar limeade. SO good!

    ReplyDelete